AUSTIN (AP) — Derrick Griffin had a dominating performance with 26 points and 14 rebounds, leading Rosenberg Terry over two-time defending champion Dallas Kimball 55-47 Saturday for the Class 4A state title.
Terry (31-9) trailed 23-7 in the first quarter, then roared back behind Griffin, who out-dueled Kimball’s Keith Frazier, who scored 24 points.
Griffin was 11 of 20 shooting, with no basket bigger than his rebound and reverse layup after a missed free throw that gave Terry a 52-47 lead with 58 seconds left. Terry closed out the win behind three free throws from Eugene Wright and Dimetri Amerson.
Terry went 15 of 28 from the line. Kimball (23-10) took just four free throws the entire game and didn’t score over the final 3 minutes, 45 seconds.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks