DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Emily Penn is on a mission. Hat strapped and sunglasses on, she’s ready for a day of training. She is cycling for a cause.
At the age of 15 she was diagnosed with Friedrich’s Ataxia. A rare debilitating and life-shortening neuro-muscular disorder.
At 20 she’s training for a bike ride to raise awareness and funds for research called Ride Ataxia.
This year’s Ride Ataxia takes place March 23 in Denton. Emily is currently number one in fundraising. For more information on the ride, check out rideataxia.org/dallas
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES