From College Sports
WACO (AP) – Baylor remains No. 1 in The Associated Press women’s basketball poll for a 10th consecutive week.
The Lady Bears received all 40 first-place votes for the third straight week and have won 48 straight Big 12 regular-season and tournament games. They play No. 23 Iowa State for the conference title Monday night.
The top four stayed the same, with Notre Dame, Connecticut and Stanford following Baylor. The Irish and Huskies advanced to Monday night’s Big East tournament semifinals. Stanford clinched the Pac-12 tournament Sunday night and won’t play again until NCAA tournament.
Duke, California, Penn State, Texas A&M and Tennessee round out the first 10. The Aggies made the biggest leap moving up 10 spots after winning the SEC tournament.
Purdue rejoined the poll at No. 21 after taking the Big Ten tournament. Toledo and LSU fell out
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks