From College Sports
DALLAS (AP) – Brittney Griner and her Baylor teammates are getting a well-deserved break.
The top-ranked and defending national champion Lady Bears have a couple of days off after winning their third Big 12 tournament title in a row, to go with three consecutive regular-season championships.
What’s still left on the list of goals for Baylor (32-1) is the biggest prize of all — another national championship.
Griner, the 6-foot-8 senior star, says the Lady Bears are right where they need to be heading into the NCAA tournament. They won their 30th game in a row for the Big 12 tourney title Monday night.
The Lady Bears will surely be the No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament again. They host first- and second-round games March 24 and 26.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks