From College Sports
AUSTIN (AP) – Texas wide receiver Cayleb Jones has been charged with felony aggravated assault of a Longhorns tennis player.
According to Austin police, Jones fractured Joseph Swaysland’s jaw outside an Austin nightclub on Feb. 22 after Jones saw Swaysland speaking with Texas volleyball player Katherine Bell. She told police she had been in a relationship with Jones that ended badly.
Bell told police Jones had confronted her and Swaysland in the past and told her he didn’t want to see her talking with any men.
The charge is a second degree felony with a punishment range up to 20 years in prison.
A warrant was issued for Jones’ arrest. He has been suspended from the team.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks