Reporting Stephanie Lucero
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - One man was killed, another wounded after a gun battle involving police outside a Northwest Dallas nightclub Thursday morning.
More than a dozen shots rang out as a Dallas Police officer intervened in a fight between two groups in a parking lot between Club Icon and Humperdink’s Restaurant off Northwest Highway near Technology Boulevard.
One victim from the 2:30 a.m. shooting was treated on scene and taken to Parkland Hospital. He later died.
Another man – who was shot in the leg – fled the scene in a car and called 911 a few blocks away. He, too, was taken to the hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening.
Police investigators were on scene early Thursday, questioning witnesses and the officer involved.
It’s not clear if the wounds suffered by the two men came from the officer’s gun or someone else.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks