DALLAS (AP) — A suspected serial rapist is on his way back to the Dallas County Jail after three years on the run in Mexico.
Jose Adan Rico was arrested by U-S Marshals earlier this week after jumping bail in 2009.
Detectives say he broke into several homes in the Five Points area of Northeast Dallas and raped a 12-year-old girl in one and a 14-year-old in another.
DPD officials say Rico was inadvertently deported to Mexico while a fugitive and detectives assured the victims families that they would never give up looking for him.
“When he was deported I had to tell them that, and we had to go and get him back,” said Detective Vidal Olivarez. “And I promised that I would someday somehow try to manage to do that and we did.”
Detectives were able to track down Rico through informants and obtained a warrant that led to his arrest.
Also Check Out:
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Cowboys Roll Tide In Latest Mock Draft
- Four Adults Found Dead In Mesquite Home
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver