San Antonio Based Air Force Trainer Found Guilty Of Rape
Get Breaking News First
SAN ANTONIO (AP) – An Air Force trainer at a San Antonio base has been found guilty at court-martial of raping a former trainee.
The San Antonio Express-News (http://bit.ly/WqvFeg) reports the trial of Staff Sgt. Eddy Soto at Lackland Air Force Base segued directly into the sentencing phase Saturday. He could get up to life imprisonment without parole.
Soto previously pleaded guilty to five counts, including having sex with a female trainee and the wife of a male trainee. Prosecutors also alleged he raped a woman who had flown from California to San Antonio to visit him on the condition of no sex.
In all, 32 Lackland instructors have been investigated, with six convicted of misconduct. Investigators say more than 40 women had inappropriate contact with instructors, were sexually harassed or raped.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES