LUBBOCK (AP) – An exhibit of personal items from the life and work of Pope John Paul II has opened in West Texas amid the fascination with new Pope Francis.
The exhibit called “I Have Come to You Again” runs through May 31 at the Catholic Renewal Center in Lubbock. It’s the first stop on a U.S. tour for the display that includes more than 100 personal items from the Polish-born pontiff who died in 2005.
Exhibit items come from the Vatican, Poland and more than two dozen other museums and private collections.
Pope Benedict XVI, who became pontiff in 2005, gave his last Sunday blessing on Feb. 24 just days before retiring. Francis, the first pope from Latin America, was elected Wednesday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES