DESOTO (CBSDFW.COM) – A former school security guard shot and killed his estranged wife Tuesday evening in DeSoto before turning the gun on himself, according to police. Sources told CBS 11 News that the couple was in the middle of a divorce.
The woman was at her mother’s home near the intersection of Timber Trail and Forest Creek when her husband got inside, police said. He killed her and then committed suicide. Sources also said that the woman was on the phone with 911 when her husband arrived and started shooting.
The man had recently been fired from his job as an officer with the Cedar Hill Independent School District, according to sources. He had been there for about five years.
Police in DeSoto will not say what led to the murder-suicide. But a family friend told CBS 11 News that the couple recently divorced, and the woman had complained that her ex-husband was continuing to stalk her in an effort to reconcile.
The husband was later identified as 40-year-old Andre Murphy, and the wife was named as 37-year-old Catina Murphy. Friends said that the couple now leave behind an 8-year-old daughter.
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES