Rangers Send Mike Olt, 11 Others To Minors
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — The Texas Rangers announced 12 roster moves on Tuesday to trim the major league roster to 46 players.
Mike Olt, regarded as one of the Rangers’ top prospects, was one of four players optioned to the Triple-A Round Rock Express. In 16 games last season, Olt batted .250 with five RBIs in 38 plate appearances. Olt struggled in camp this spring, batting only .194 in 19 games.
Left-hander Jeff Beliveau, outfielder Engel Beltre, and right-hander Wilmer Font will join Olt at Round Rock.
Eight other players have been reassigned to minor league camp: 1B Brandon Allen, C Juan Apodaca, RHP Collin Balester, LHP Neal Cotts, C Jose Felix, RHP Evan Meek, INF Brandon Snyder, and RHP Yoshinori Tateyama,
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES