Four-Year-Old Chokes, Dies At DISD School
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – A heartbreaking scene played out at a Dallas elementary school where a four-year-old boy died after apparently choking on his lunch.
Mount Auburn Elementary School sent home a letter to parents to tell them about the incident.
School officials say after the child started coughing, cafeteria staffers responded and were able to get the food dislodged.
However, shortly after the preschooler stopped choking, he collapsed again.
“He had a seizure and we began CPR, called 911.” said DISD spokesman Rebecca Rodriguez. “And some point his heart stopped beating. Unfortunately he passed away.”
The child has been identified as Manny Ramirez. CBS 11 has learned he has a first grade sister, who attends the same school.
DISD Superintendent Mike Miles released the following statement about the tragic death of Ramirez: “All of us within the Dallas Independent School District family are deeply saddened by the death of a student at Mount Auburn Elementary School. Our hearts are heavy with sadness and we offer our prayers and condolences to the family and entire school community at Mount Auburn.”
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES