ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — With the 2013 MLB season kicking off on March 31, TripAdvisor has released its list of “America’s Top 10 Ballparks”. For Rangers fans, it’s good news.
The travel site ranked Rangers Ballpark in Arlington as the ninth best ballpark in the U.S. Here’s what they had to say about the Arlington venue.
With an asymmetrical natural grass field, this 270-acre sports complex was designed to resemble the iconic ballparks of the early 20th century. Travelers will enjoy state-of-the-art amenities, as the stadium features a premium sound system equipped with 1,200 speakers throughout the venue. A TripAdvisor traveler noted, “It is one of the few stadiums that have tried to make you feel like the old time major league stadium still exists.”
PNC Park in Pittsburgh led the way, while AT&T Park in San Francisco and Oriole Park at Camden Yards rounded out the top 3.
The iconic Wrigley Field, which was built in 1914, ranked just behind Rangers Ballpark in 10th.
TripAdvisor used its TripAdvisor Popularity IndexTM, which incorporates traveler reviews and a complex algorithm, to compile the rankings. The complete rankings are shown below.
1. PNC Park, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2. AT&T Park, San Francisco, California
3. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland
4. Fenway Park, Boston, Massachusetts
5. Busch Stadium, St. Louis, Missouri
6. Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7. Petco Park, San Diego, California
8. Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri
9. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Arlington, Texas
10. Wrigley Field, Chicago, Illinois
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES