FC Dallas Reunites With Nunez & Signs Gonzalez
Sports Fan Insider
FRISCO (AP) - FC Dallas has reunited with midfielder Ramon Nunez and signed goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez from the club’s homegrown program.
The moves announced Thursday came 10 years after FC Dallas made Nunez the sixth pick in the draft out of SMU. The Dallas high school product had 14 goals in 67 games before going to Chivas USA in 2007.
The 27-year-old Nunez spent the past two years in Europe before tearing a knee ligament in September while with Leeds United.
Nunez played in the 2010 World Cup for his native Honduras, where he played professionally five years ago before stints with Mexican clubs Puebla and Cruz Azul.
Gonzalez, a member of Mexico’s Under-18 national team, is the 10th homegrown player to sign with FC Dallas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES