NEW BRAUNFELS (AP) – George Prescott Bush is expected to make his first public speech as a political candidate in Texas.
Bush was scheduled Friday to deliver the keynote address at the Texas Legislative Conference. The 36-year-old nephew of former President George W. Bush has not spoken publicly since formally announcing his run for Texas Land Commissioner earlier this month.
Bush first filed paperwork in November with the Texas Ethics Commission signifying he would run for statewide office in 2014. He raised an impressive $1.3 million in those first two months.
Medicaid and transportation in Texas are among the issues lawmakers and policy analysts will tackle at the New Braunfels conference.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES