Harrison Will Start Opening Day For Rangers
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) - Matt Harrison has been named the Texas Rangers’ opening day starter, and he will be followed by Yu Darvish in the rotation.
Harrison will be the fourth different opening day starter in the past four seasons for the Rangers. They visit Houston in the Astros’ debut as an American League team March 31. Darvish will start April 2.
Harrison led Texas starters in wins and ERA last season, finishing 18-11 with a 3.29 ERA. Darvish was 16-9 with a 3.90 ERA and 221 strikeouts in 191 1-3 innings.
Veteran right-hander Colby Lewis drew the first start last year, but won’t be available until at least May while recovering from elbow surgery.
The previous two opening day starters, Scott Feldman and C.J. Wilson, are no longer with the Rangers.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES