MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) – The U.S. Marshals Service says a man wanted in a Memphis murder has been captured in Texas.
Marshals spokesman Seth Bruce said Thursday that Keith Brown is being held at the Shelby County jail on a first-degree murder charge.
Brown is accused of walking up to Marquez Thomas on June 27, 2006, shaking his hand and fatally shooting him four times.
Brown had been on the run since the shooting.
After a recent television report about Brown, marshals received a tip and were able to develop information about Brown’s whereabouts. Brown was found living at a home in Dallas and was arrested March 5.
Brown was extradited to Shelby County on Wednesday. His arraignment is scheduled for Friday.
Online court records do not indicate whether he has a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES