GOODYEAR (AP) – Yu Darvish gave up homers to Joey Votto and Todd Frazier but showed no problems with a stiff neck that forced him to be scratched from his previous start, and the Texas Rangers beat the Cincinnati Reds 6-2 on Saturday.
Darvish gave up three hits in five innings, including the two homers. He had to miss his scheduled start last Monday.
Votto’s homer was his third of spring training. He didn’t hit one last season after returning from a knee injury that cost him 48 games.
Elvis Andrus hit a double and a two-run homer for Texas, and Mitch Moreland homered off Mat Latos. The right-hander left the game as a precaution in the sixth after Geovany Soto’s liner deflected off his leg.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- PD: Two Dead After Shooting At Maypearl Home
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES