Man Arrested For Allegedly Shooting His Wife In Van Zandt County
CANTON (AP) – Authorities say an East Texas man has been arrested for allegedly fatally shooting his wife after finding her at the home of another man.
Forty-four-year-old Larry Maples of Ben Wheeler was charged with murder Sunday. He was being held at the Van Zandt County jail.
Sheriff Lindsey Ray says 34-year-old Heather Maples was pronounced dead at the home near Canton, 60 miles east of Dallas.
Also shot was 47-year-old Moses Clemente. He was listed in critical condition at a hospital but is expected to recover.
Ray says the shooting occurred about 6 a.m. Sunday after Larry Maples saw his wife’s vehicle at the home and entered through an unlocked door. Maples called 911 after the shooting.
Ray says Heather Maples and Clemente had a relationship before she married Larry Maples.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- PD: Two Dead After Shooting At Maypearl Home
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES