HURST (CBSDFW.COM) – Hurst police are trying to find out who killed a three-year-old girl. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner determined little Anastasia Williams died when her liver ruptured because of blunt trauma to her abdomen.
Anastasia’s body was found in her bedroom, at a Hurst apartment complex in the 800 block of Cullum Drive, on March 22.
Neighbors said the child’s father came to them begging for help. “He come [sic] banging on our door saying, ‘My baby’s not breathing, my baby’s not breathing. Can I use your phone? Can I use your phone?’” one apartment resident recalled.
Investigators said they aren’t sure if the toddler was living with her father or was just visiting.
On Monday Hurst police would only say that there had been no arrests in the case and no suspects had been identified.
Hurst police also said there was no indication that the safety of the public was at risk.
Investigators plan to speak more with the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday. The office is closed today in observance of the Cesar Chavez Holiday.
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES