FLOWER MOUND (KRLD) — This past weekend, Flower Mound residents and businesses came together to give their time, money, expertise and materials in order to help a Vietnam Veteran save his home.
John and Jo Denise Baker received notice that their insurance company, USAA, was no longer going to cover their house because of rotten boards and other issues. Jo Denise says that she got quotes from commercial insurance companies and could not find one that they could afford. Not wanting to worry John, Jo Denise kept silent about the situation.
At the same time, she got a citation from Flower Mound’s Code Enforcement Office. She went to the city to see what she could do. It was there Jo Denise learned about a brand new urban renewal initiative through Keep Flower Mound Beautiful, spear-headed by Mayor Tom Hayden. She was put in touch with KFMB’s Mary Ligon.
The Bakers have until April 16th to bring the house back up to code.
Ligon jumped into action.
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- PD: Two Dead After Shooting At Maypearl Home
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES