Lady Bears Rout Prairie View To Open Tournament
Sports Fan Insider
WACO (AP) - Brittney Griner had 33 points, 10 rebounds, six blocks and another dunk, and defending champion Baylor opened the NCAA tournament with an 82-40 victory against Prairie View A&M on Sunday night.
Griner’s record 15th dunk was the first of several plays that drew big roars from the crowd with the game well in hand in the second half. The Lady Bears (33-1), the overall No. 1 seed, won their 31st straight game since an early-season loss to Stanford, another top seed.
Odyssey Sims had 12 points and 10 assists, and Destiny Williams had nine points and 10 rebounds off the bench.
Gabrielle Scott led Prairie View with 14 points off the bench. The Lady Panthers (17-15) lost as a No. 16 seed for the third year in a row. Two of them were against Baylor in Waco, and the other was to Connecticut.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- PD: Two Dead After Shooting At Maypearl Home
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES