Nike’s Tiger Woods Ad Draws Criticism
NEW YORK (AP) – Maybe winning doesn’t take care of everything.
Nike is causing a social media storm with its latest online ad showing a picture of Tiger Woods overlaid with a quote from him, “Winning takes care of everything.” Woods has used the phrase with reporters since at least 2009 when they ask him about rankings.
The ad, posted on Facebook and Twitter, is supposed to allude to the fact that the golfer recovered from career stumbles to regain his world No. 1 ranking on Monday, which he lost in October 2010. But some say it’s inappropriate in light of Woods’ past marital woes.
It’s the latest controversy for Nike, which has recently had to cut ties with disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong and sprinter Oscar Pistorius because of separate scandals.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES