Frisco Is Canning ‘National Night Out’
FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) – There will be no “National Night Out” this year in Frisco, that’s because the city is canning it.
This year the city is starting its own event.
Frisco’s “Community Awareness Night” or “CAN” will be Saturday, May 18th.
Frisco will still have the block party theme, with police, firefighters and city leaders mingling with residents.
“It’s all about the community and not just neighborhoods,” Frisco Police Sgt. Brad Merritt said.
The event will kick off with the department’s annual Safety Palooza at police headquarters where first responders will be on hand to answer questions. Children will also get to have a good time with various activities taking place throughout the event.
Usually, National Night Out is held in the late summer but is often delayed because of intense heat.
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES