Tarrant County D.A. Accused Of Conflict In Case
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (AP) - A lawyer accused of falsifying campaign finance reports in a school board race says the Tarrant County district attorney has a conflict of interest and financial stake in the case.
Mario Perez’s motion to disqualify the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office from his case will be discussed at a hearing Wednesday.
Perez says the criminal case was built with confidential information provided to the office by District Attorney Joe Shannon’s wife. She represented Perez’s wife in their divorce case and had access to Perez’s computers.
Perez says custody issues involving his children are not resolved while the criminal case continues. He says that benefits Shannon because his wife’s income will increase while she remains an attorney in the case.
Perez says no law enforcement agencies investigated him.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES