ARLINGTON (CBS 11 NEWS) – Cowboys Stadium is turning into “Dunk City.”
Florida Gulf Coast University drew a crowd today at Cowboys Stadium and it was only practice.
The 15th seed school defeated Georgetown and San Diego State in upset wins to make to the Sweet 16.
“We followed them from the beginning, so proud of them,” Jim Boreham, who drove from Naples, Florida to watch his team.
They have become the darlings of the tournament. It’s a Cinderella story, even beyond the hardwood.
Their coach Andy Endfiel is a former software company owner turned basketball coach with a supermodel wife who has graced the covers of Maxim and Vogue.
Florida Gulf Coast held its first classes in 1997 and in less than 2 decades, made the NCAA tournament.
Part of their draw are their unbelievable dunks that sparked a video dubbed “Dunk City” that went viral on YouTube.
”Dunk city. I came here for Dunk city and we had a great time here watching them,” said Ed Sheffler. “They’re the underdog. I love them.”
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Says New Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES