2nd Leading Texas Scorer McClellan To Transfer
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN (AP) — Texas guard Sheldon McClellan, who ranked second on the team in scoring, will transfer after a season of clashes with coach Rick Barnes.
McClellan averaged 13.5 points but also was left on the bench for long stretches and sometimes almost entire games as Texas fell to its first losing season in 15 years. Team spokesman Scott McConnell confirmed McClellan had asked for his release and said the school would not comment until the paperwork was completed.
McClellan is the second Texas player to leave from a team that went 16-18. Forward Jaylon Bond, who played in 20 games, also decided to transfer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Says New Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES