Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (AP) - Yu Darvish threw four solid innings in his final tuneup of the preseason and the Texas Rangers hit four home runs to beat the Mexico City Red Devils 12-1 in an exhibition game Thursday night.
Darvish mowed down the Mexican League team, allowing just one hit while striking out seven. The Japanese star threw 42 of 52 pitches for strikes and the only hit he gave up was a blooper by Jesus Lopez in the fourth inning that barely made it out of the infield.
Ian Kinsler, David Murphy, Nelson Cruz and Mitch Moreland each homered for the Rangers.
Former major leaguer Ben Broussard, who spent 2008 with the Rangers, drilled a home run to right field off Texas reliever Joe Ortiz in the seventh inning for Mexico City’s only run.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Says New Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES