Texan Gets Life Term For Slaying Of Pregnant Girlfriend
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas-area man has been sentenced to life in prison for the fatal shooting of his pregnant girlfriend and the death of their unborn child.
Jurors in Dallas on Thursday convicted 21-year-old Ronnie Bass of Garland of murder and capital murder in the July 2011 attack.
The body of 19-year-old Decia Hartfield was discovered in her car at an apartment complex. Her unborn child did not survive.
A judge sentenced Bass to 30 years in prison for Hartfield’s slaying. Prosecutors did not seek execution over the death of the fetus so Bass received an automatic life prison term without parole. The sentences must be served concurrently.
Court records show a woman associated with Bass has cooperated in the investigation and awaits trial on murder and capital murder charges.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Says New Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES