Beatles-Signed Album Sells For More Than $290K
DALLAS (AP) — A copy of The Beatles’ “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” album signed by all four band members has sold at auction for $290,500.
Dallas-based Heritage Auctions says a Midwest collector bidding online purchased the autographed album Saturday. Names of the seller and the buyer have not been made public.
The Beatles signed the album on the gatefold above pictures of their heads. Heritage originally estimated the 1967 album would sell for around $30,000. Pre-auction bids topped $120,000.
The album was the centerpiece of an auction featuring a variety of music and entertainment memorabilia.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Says New Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES