Church Plans Daily Prayer Vigil For Murdered Kaufman County DA & Wife
KAUFMAN COUNTY (CBS 11 NEWS) – For the second straight night members of a church in Kemp prayed on the steps of the Kaufman County Courthouse.
The group of less than a dozen vowed to be here every night until the murder of Kaufman District Attorney Mike McLelland is solved.
Kemp’s mayor and River of Life Church elder Donald Kile said he was “called by God” to organize the prayer.
David Sunstrom said he believes in the coming days more will join them and soon their prayer circle will wrap around the courthouse.
“We want protection over our county – over the people that are in it,” said Sunstrom. “The violence needs to stop and the only way it’s going to happen is through God.”
The River of Life Church has invited other local churches to join them at 7:00 p.m. at the courthouse.
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES