AUSTIN (AP) — Gov. Rick Perry is suggesting that everyone — but especially public officials — should be extra cautious after the weekend killings of a Texas district attorney and his wife.
Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife Cynthia’s slayings came months after assistant prosecutor Mark Hassee was shot dead in the same county.
Asked Monday if public officials should fear for their safety, Perry said: “I would suggest everyone should be careful about what goes on whether they’re public officials or otherwise.”
Perry added that he believes there is “a clear concern to individuals who are in public life, particularly those who deal with some very mean and vicious individuals” including white supremacy group and drug gangs.
But the governor said he had no personal knowledge of the investigation.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Says New Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES