49ers Acquire McCoy From Browns
Sports Fan Insider
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (Sports Network) - The San Francisco 49ers have acquired quarterback Colt McCoy from the Cleveland Browns.
Additionally, San Francisco will send a pair of undisclosed draft picks in the 2013 NFL Draft.
The 49ers will also receive an undisclosed pick in the upcoming draft.
McCoy will compete for the backup position to starter Colin Kaepernick.
The 25-year-old, who was originally selected in the third round (85th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft by Cleveland, appeared in eight games his rookie season, throwing for 1,576 yards, six touchdowns and nine interceptions.
The former Texas standout started 13 games for the Browns in 2011 before he was replaced by rookie Brandon Weeden in 2012. Over 24 career games, McCoy has thrown for 4,388 yards, 21 touchdowns and 20 interceptions.
(© Copyright 2013 The Sports Network. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES