AP – Brittney Griner is an All-America for the third straight season and joins a select group.
The Baylor center becomes the fifth three-time Associated Press All-American, following Tennessee’s Chamique Holdsclaw, Duke’s Alana Beard, Oklahoma’s Courtney Paris and Connecticut’s Maya Moore. Paris and Moore were the only two to earn the honor all four years.
Notre Dame’s Skylar Diggins, Stanford’s Chiney Ogwumike, Delaware’s Elena Delle Donne and Baylor’s Odyssey Sims were also on the team announced Monday.
Griner and Diggins were unanimous selections by the same 40-member national media panel that selects the weekly Top 25.
With Sims and Griner, it marked the sixth time that teammates were first team All-Americans. Connecticut has done it four times and Tennessee once.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES