Pecan Pie Named Official State Pie Of Texas
AUSTIN (AP) - The House has formally named the pecan pie Texas’ official state pie.
Wednesday’s ceremonial resolution doing so was sponsored by first-year Rep. Marsha Farney, a Republican from Georgetown, north of Austin.
Since it was her first bill, Farney underwent a few minutes of gentle hazing after introducing the measure on the House floor.
One of Farney’s colleagues razzed: “Do you have a recipe?” Another wanted to know if she was saying “too bad to the apple pie,” which some say is America’s official pie.
They also asked for amendments that only Texas pecans be used in pecan pies statewide, and that it formally be declared illegal to include chocolate when baking one.
In honor of Farney’s measure, the state Capitol cafeteria sold pecan pie Wednesday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES