Funeral Service Held For McLelland & Wife
Get Breaking News First
WORTHAM (AP) - A slain prosecutor and his wife are being laid to rest in the small Central Texas town where he grew up.
The funeral for Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia McLelland, is under way Friday in Wortham. The town of some 1,000 residents is about 75 miles south of Dallas.
Dozens of law enforcement representatives from across the country are attending the service at First Baptist Church of Wortham and are expected to be graveside later at Wortham Cemetery.
The McLellands were found shot to death Saturday in their house near Forney, about 20 miles east of Dallas. No arrests have been made, but a $200,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the killer’s conviction.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES