Mavs Sideline Brand Due To Sore Calf
DENVER (AP) – Dallas big man Elton Brand is being held out of the Mavericks’ game at Denver on Thursday night because of a sore right calf that’s been bothering him for a week.
Coach Rick Carlisle said Brand is day to day.
Carlisle said the injury flared up in the team’s loss to Indiana on March 28 and affected Brand in subsequent games against the Bulls and Lakers, “so we’re going to sit him and try to get him right.”
The 13th-year pro is averaging 7.4 points and 6.1 rebounds for Dallas, which is in a heated race with the Jazz and Lakers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Nuggets, trying to secure a home-court start to the playoffs, are seeking their 19th straight home win.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES