Louisville Tops Michigan To Win 3rd NCAA Title
ATLANTA (AP) – Their best player was struggling and their main backup was on the bench with a broken leg.
Louisville still had more than enough to win its third national title.
Luke Hancock made four straight 3-pointers in the first half, and Peyton Siva and Chane Behanan had monster second halves to lead the top-seeded Cardinals (35-5) to their first national title since 1986 on Monday night with an 82-76 victory over Michigan.
Hancock finished with 22 points, including a perfect 5 for 5 from 3-point range. Siva had 14 of his 18 points in the second half, and Chane Behanan had 11 of his 12 rebounds in the second half. Behanan also chipped in 15 points.
As the final seconds ticked off, Hancock looked at the Louisville fans and screamed.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES