8 Diamonds In The Rough At ‘Dallas Day’
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) - The Cowboys’ Dallas Day — featuring draft-eligible invitees with area high-school or college ties — features some high-profile “usual suspects’’ like SMU defensive end Margus Hunt, who seems an unlikely match for the Cowboys.
But look deeper into the group, which will be at Cowboys Stadium on Wednesday, and you find lower-profile names that could end up being selected by their “hometown’’ team in the NFL Draft or signed as undrafted free agents in the hours following the draft process. And I’ve collected from inside Valley Ranch eight names that the Cowboys personnel department is interested in examining:
- R.J. Washington, Oklahoma DE – High-quality guy who may be a seventh-round-level talent.
- Ja’Gared Davis, SMU LB – May be an undrafted signee.
- Damontre Moore, Texas A&M LB – A first-round talent slipping in the eyes of some.
- Taylor Reed, SMU LB – May be an undrafted signee.
- Zach Line, SMU FB – Could fill a sixth-round-or-later need.
- Darius Johnson, SMU WR – Will be coveted post-draft.
- Skye Dawson, TCU WR – 4.3 40’s will have him coveted post-draft.
- Corey Fuller, TCU TE – Dallas might use a late pick on a blocking TE.
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES