Rangers Get Chirinos In Trade With Rays
ARLINGTON (AP) – The Texas Rangers have acquired catcher Robinson Chirinos from Tampa Bay for a player to be named or cash.
The deal was announced Monday, before the teams opened a three-game series in Texas.
Chirinois, designated for assignment March 31 when Tampa Bay set its opening-day roster, was optioned to Triple-A Round Rock. The catcher didn’t play in 2012 after sustaining a concussion in spring training when a foul tip struck his mask.
The Rangers designated Jeff Beliveau for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster. They have 10 days to trade or release him or send him outright to the minors.
With their first major league trade with Texas, the only team the Rays haven’t completed a deal with is the New York Yankees.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES