RG3’s Jersey Breaks NFL Sales Record
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (CBS SPORTS) - Fans can’t get enough of Robert Griffin III, and here’s proof. More of his No. 10 jerseys were sold in the NFL last fiscal year than any jersey in league history.
Darren Rovell’s report on ESPN cited sales from NFLShop.com from April 2012 to March 2013. The NFL did not provide exact sales numbers.
In re-energizing the Redskins and making the franchise relevant again, RG3 outpaced Peyton Manning, whose No. 18 Broncos jersey sold the third-most in a single year. Rovell pointed to the NFL’s new Nike apparel deal as a factor in boosting overall sales.
According to Rovell, Brett Favre’s Vikings (2009) and Jets jerseys (2008) are the second and fourth best-sellers in a single season.
Ray Lewis, Colin Kaepernick and Tom Brady rounded out the top five last year, followed by Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Victor Cruz, Eli Manning and Patrick Willis.
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES