Rangers Put Harrison On DL With Sore Back
ARLINGTON (AP) — Texas Rangers opening day starter Matt Harrison has been put on the 15-day disabled list because of soreness in his lower back.
The Rangers made the move Wednesday before the finale of their series against Tampa Bay.
Justin Grimm will be recalled from Triple-A Round Rock and start in Harrison’s spot Thursday night at Seattle.
Harrison (0-2, 8.44 ERA) has been dealing with the issue for a couple of weeks. The DL move is retroactive to Saturday, when the left-hander gave up a pair of two-run home runs in the first inning and allowed five runs in five innings against the Los Angeles Angels.
Harrison reported some improvement Tuesday, but canceled his scheduled bullpen session then.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES