Escaped Cows Back Up Traffic In Mesquite
MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) – A herd of cattle caused a traffic mess in Mesquite early Thursday morning. Officials said that as many as 70 cows broke through a fence around 1:30 a.m. and got onto Interstate-20 near Lawson Road.
One cow was struck by a passing vehicle, but not killed. It eventually wandered back to join the rest of the herd. There were no people injured during the incident.
Police officers from Mesquite and deputies from the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office arrived on the scene to push the cattle back into their field. Traffic on the freeway was blocked while authorities got the animals contained.
According to the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office, the cattle were able to escape after someone stole the gate on their fence.
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES