Man Dies In Smoky Dallas Apartment Fire
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A man died early Thursday after a smoky fire swept through his apartment. Emergency crews were called at around 1:00 a.m. to the Sage Creek Apartments, located in the 3900 block of Rosemeade Parkway in far north Dallas.
According to Dallas Fire-Rescue, a 4-year-old child woke up to the smell of smoke and alerted his dad. The dad woke up mom and and then tried to find a family friend in his 50s who also lived at the apartment.
Because of the heavy smoke and then flames, the child and his parents went to a balcony, tied together some sheets and were able to escape. When firefighters got in, however, they found the friend inside of the apartment, dead on the sofa. An official said that the victim was on oxygen, but it was not immediately clear if that played a role in his death.
The name of the man who died has not yet been released.
Investigators remained on the scene into the later morning hours, investigating the cause of the fire.
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES