CBS SPORTS — Willie Amendola, the 57-year-old father of Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola, is suing Cowboys Stadium for $1 million, according to CSN Houston.
The lawsuit stems from an incident involving a runaway golf cart on Dec. 17, 2011. The older Amendola was at Cowboys Stadium that day coaching his team, Spring Dekaney High School, in the Texas 5A Division I state championship game.
After the Spring Dekaney victory, Amendola was at midfield for a postgame interview when a runaway golf cart plowed into him and several other people. Amendola was dragged almost 30 yards by the golf cart before finally jumping off the wayward vehicle.
Although he wasn’t seriously injured in the incident, Amendola is suing for “past and future physical pain and suffering; past and future mental anguish and past and future medical expenses,” among other things.
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES