Chiasson Scores Again As Stars Beat Sharks 2-1
DALLAS (AP) – Eric Nystrom and rookie Alex Chiasson scored goals, Richard Bachman made 31 saves and the Dallas Stars extended their winning streak to five games with a 2-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night.
Chiasson scored his sixth goal in just his sixth career NHL contest since being recalled from AHL Texas on April 2, helping the Stars improve to 45 points, even with Detroit and Columbus for the Western Conference’s eighth and final playoff spot.
Bachman has been outstanding since stepping in for the injured Kari Lehtonen early in the Stars’ 5-1 win over Los Angeles on Tuesday, stopping 79 of 82 shots and winning all three contests.
Brent Burns scored for the Sharks, who were coming off a 3-2 shootout win in Detroit on Thursday and are 8-2-1 in their last 11 contests.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES