AUSTIN (AP) — He’s at it again — in Chicago, this time.
Gov. Rick Perry announced Monday a week-long print and Internet ad buy in Crain’s Chicago Business Journal and on chicagobusiness.com claiming that the “Escape route from Illinois to economic freedom leads to Texas.”
The $38,450 campaign touts what Perry calls Texas’ business-friendly climate and is sponsored by a public-private marketing firm.
In February, the firm financed California radio ads featuring Perry denigrating that state’s taxes and regulation.
That campaign preceded a Perry trip to California to recruit jobs, and made national headlines.
Perry said the Illinois ad buy coincides with a special Illinois section going up on a website devoted to recruiting jobs to Texas.
He said he wants to “spur competition between states and recruit jobs and employees to Texas.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES