Irving Bus Crash Victim Sues Company
DALLAS (AP) – A 74-year-old passenger who broke several ribs in a deadly bus crash near Dallas has sued the company operating the vehicle.
An attorney for Charlotte Reed of Fort Worth filed a negligence lawsuit Monday in Dallas naming Cardinal Coach Lines Inc. of Mansfield.
Bus company owner Matt Biran didn’t immediately comment on the lawsuit over last Thursday’s wreck in Irving. The accident killed two passengers and left more than 40 hurt on a trip to a casino in Oklahoma.
Department of Public Safety Sgt. Lonny Haschel says investigators are trying to determine what caused the accident. The bus hit a barrier and ended up on its side.
Reed’s attorney Tim Maloney says he filed the apparent first lawsuit since the wreck to quicken the time his office can also investigate.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES