Rangers Trade LHP Beliveau To Tampa Bay For Cash
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Rangers traded left-handed pitcher Jeff Beliveau to the Tampa Bay Rays for cash considerations, the team announced on Tuesday.
Beliveau was designated for assignment on April 8 to make room for Robinson Chirinos — who was acquired that day from Tampa Bay — on the 40-man roster.
In his only appearance this season at Triple-A Round Rock, Beliveau pitched 2.0 scoreless innings on April 7 vs. Omaha.
The Rangers acquired the 26-year-old pitcher off waivers from the Chicago Cubs on Dec. 21, 2012.
The Rangers now have 39 players on their major league roster.
Also Check Out:
- Irving Bus Crash Leaves 2 Dead & Dozens Hurt
- JP To Be Charged With Murders In Kaufman County
- Texas Airman Reunited With Puppy Met Overseas
- Firearms Company Relocating To North Texas
- Deadly Dallas Shooting Leads To Police Chase & Standoff
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES