Southwest Airlines Begins Puerto Rico Flights
DALLAS (AP) - Southwest Airlines Co. is expanding beyond the continental 48 states with new flights to San Juan, Puerto Rico, as it converts AirTran Airways routes.
Dallas-based Southwest on Sunday launched service to San Juan and took over AirTran operations in four other cities: Charlotte, N.C.; Flint, Mich.; Portland, Maine; and Rochester, N.Y.
Southwest bought AirTran in 2011.
Southwest began flying out of Portland on Sunday for regularly scheduled flights to Baltimore-Washington. The airline is offering three daily nonstop flights between Portland and Baltimore-Washington from Sunday through Friday, and two flights on Saturdays.
AirTran’s last flights out of Portland were on Saturday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES